The only lesson repeated in the Workbook & woven consistently throughout the Text, “I am as God created me” is the first lesson that resonated with me so strongly that I had to read A Course in Miracles.
Perhaps it was because I had previously internalized that something was wrong with me — that God saw me as unfit — so I needed to hide from Him. But in this one, simple & beautiful affirmation, Truth is restored to my awareness & my mistaken internalization is miraculously undone.
Workbook Lesson 94 states that this one idea:
- makes all forms of temptation powerless,
- renders the ego silent & entirely undone,
- accomplishes salvation, &
- restores sanity.
And that affirming “I am as God created me”
- stills the sounds,
- disappears the sights, &
- wipes away all thoughts of the world.
Lesson 94 proceeds with this divine logic:
“If you remain as God created you, you must be strong and light must be in you. ”
Since ideas leave not their source & God is our Source, then we each have the same basic elements of God. And these elements are changeless.
We accept the Atonement for ourselves when we affirm “I am as God created me.” The darkness of guilt can cover our eyes in this fallen world, but light remains the only reality. Despite worldly appearances, the “separation” never happened.
The Course says that our only real problem is the Authority Problem: we have forgotten who authored us. As we remember that we are as God created us, we realize (“real eyes”) that this Truth applies to all of us.
Don’t take my word for it — apply this lesson yourself when tempted to feel angry, depressed, victimized, or any other emotion based on fear rather than love.
References throughout the Text
- These words are sacred for they are the words God gave in answer to the world you made.
- There is no dream these words will not dispel. Remember these words always.
- There is no conflict that does not entail the single, simple question, “What am I?”
- You created me, and know me as I am.
- In love was I created, and in love will I remain forever.
- Holiness created me holy. Kindness created me kind. Helpfulness created me helpful. Perfection created me perfect.
- I will accept Atonement for myself, for I remain as God created me.
|< What is a Miracle?||The Happy Dream >|